TechniSub TS 80
The TechniSub TS 80 BCD (Buoyancy Control Device) is a vintage piece of scuba diving equipment that was likely produced by the Italian manufacturer TechniSub, known for its contributions to the diving industry in the mid-20th century. Here’s some information about the TechniSub TS 80 BCD:
- Inflatable Vest: The TS 80 BCD is an inflatable vest-style buoyancy control device, commonly referred to as a “BCD” in the diving community. It is designed to help divers control their buoyancy by inflating or deflating the bladder.
- Vintage Design: As a vintage BCD, the TechniSub TS 80 is appreciated for its unique design and historical significance. It may feature materials like rubber, canvas, and metal components, which were typical of BCDs from that era.
- Manual Inflation: Vintage BCDs often required manual inflation and deflation, typically through a mouthpiece connected to a low-pressure hose from the regulator. Modern BCDs often have integrated power inflators for more convenient buoyancy control.
- Collector’s Item: Similar to vintage regulators and other diving equipment, vintage BCDs like the TechniSub TS 80 can be considered collector’s items. Diving enthusiasts and collectors may seek out such items for their historical value and unique design.
- Historical Significance: These vintage BCDs are a testament to the evolution of scuba diving equipment. They offer a glimpse into the early days of diving when designs were still evolving.